Monday, February 6, 2012

Philipians 4:13

Philippians 4:13 is probably one of the most known bible verses and most quoted verses (John 3:16 is the most known and quoted), but I feel like it is used very out of context usually. Let me explain...

Philippians 4:13
"I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me."

The way most people quote and mention this verse is by saying that I can do anything because Christ will give me the strength to, which isn't wrong to think at all honestly, I do believe God can give us the power and strength to do anything that He wants us to, but when looking at Philippians 4:13 Paul wasn't writing saying that if I want to run through a brick wall God will give me the strength to do that. We have to look at the verses right before verse 13 to really grasp what Paul was writing about.

Philippians 4:11-13
"I don't say this out of need, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content whether well-fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need. I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me."

The way I look at these verses is that we need to learn how to be content in all season's of our life and that we need to know that when we have low times in our life we must stay faithful to the Lord because He will give us the strength to get out of those times, and that in the high and awesome times of our lives we must give Him praise and know that He gave us the strength to get through because we couldn't do it on our own.

We have to know that in the low times of our life that we must rely on the Lord for us to get strength from Him to make it through and that He will most definitely give us the strength we need.

This was my little insight of what I view Philippians 4:11-13, hopefully it was good and didn't offend anyone by what they think about the verses, just wanted to give my opinion. :)

God Bless and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment